MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

1 adult, 2 children found unconscious in home with high carbon monoxide levels

Credit: MGN

Five York City residents are in the hospital, three in serious condition, after they were found unconscious in their home.

According to York City Fire/Rescue Services, early morning crews responded to a home in the 700 block of S. Pershing Ave. for a report of an unconscious woman.

At the scene, crews found an adult and two children unconscious and immediately removed them from the home and provided care.

A multi-gas meter determined a high level of carbon monoxide in the residence.

Two dogs were also removed and given oxygen therapy.

York City Fire/Rescue Services is reminding people that carbon monoxide is the invisible killer.

Make sure to follow these precautions:

  • Have your heating system, water heater and any other gas appliances serviced by a qualified technician every year
  • Make sure gas appliances are vented properly
  • Install CO detectors
  • If a CO detector activates call 911 and do not assume it is a faulty trip
  • Know the symptoms of CO poisoning


close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending