Be cautious while driving on slick, icy roads. Here's our best tips:
Winter driving tips:
- Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.
- Never run a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
- Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full.
- If possible, avoid using your parking brake in cold, rainy and snowy weather.
- Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface (wet, ice, sand).
- Always look and steer where you want to go.
- In addition, remember that all drivers should remove Ice and Snow from their vehicles before heading out on the road. If Ice and Snow dislodge from a person's vehicle and strike a vehicle or pedestrian, causing death or serious bodily injury, the driver could be fined $200-$1,000 per offense.