Recent PA officers killed in the line of duty
U.S. Marshal Christopher David Hill died in the line of duty during an officer-involved shooting in Harrisburg this morning.
Hill was shot and killed while serving a warrant.
An 11-year veteran of the US Marshal's Service assigned to the US Middle District of Pennsylvania, Hill is the sixth Pa. officer to die in the line of duty since September 2014.
Pennsylvania officers killed in the line of duty
- Nov 17, 2017, shot while making a traffic stop
- New Kensington PD
Landon E. Weaver
- Dec 30, 2016, shot responding to domestic disturbance
- Huntingdon County
Scott Leslie Bashioum
- Nov 10, 2016, shot responding to domestic disturbance
- Canonsburg Borough PD, outside Pittsburgh
Lloyd Reed, Jr.
- Nov 28, 2015, shot responding to domestic disturbance in Westmoreland County
- St. Clair Township PD
Corporal Bryon K. Dickson II
- Sept 12, 2014, shot by Eric Frien in an ambush outside Blooming Grove Baaracks
- 38-year-old Pennsylvania State Police Trooper
2017 Law Enforcement Officer Deaths
128 federal, state, and local law enforcement officers have died in the line of duty last year, according to the 2017 Law Enforcement Officer Fatality Report.
This was a 10% decrease from 2016, when 143 officers where killed.