Flash Flood Warning For York, Lebanon Counties
A flash flood warning is in effect for the following counties in Central PA:
- York and Lebanon County
- Some locations that will experience flooding include, York, North York, Mount Wolf, Manchester, Emigsville, East York, Yorklyn, Tyler Run-Queens Gate, Stonybrook-Wilshire and West York.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include, Lickdale, Fredericksburg and Fort Indiantown Gap.
This flash flood warning is in effect until 5:15PM.
A flash flood warning means that rapid life-threatening flooding is occurring or will soon begin in your area. You need to take action immediately to protect life and property.
If your area has a flash flood warning, here is what you should do:
- Move to higher ground immediately and get out of the danger area.
- Do not attempt to cross swiftly flowing waters.
- Do not attempt to cross waters of unknown depth by foot, car, truck, or sports utility vehicle.
- It only takes a few inches of swiftly flowing water to carry vehicles away.
- If your car stalls in a flooded or low-lying area, abandon it immediately.
- Turn around, don’t drown. Find an alternative route.
Stay updated with this storm with these links:
- Interactive Doppler Radar: http://local21news.com/weather/radar
Follow CBS21 Meteorologists on Twitter: