8 ways to show support on National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
Communities across the country are coming together to celebrate National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day on Monday, Jan. 9.
"The bravery that our nation's men and women show is remarkable given the dangers of their job," said Les Neri, president of the Fraternal Order of Police, Pennsylvania State Lodge. "Law enforcement officers and their families are some of the humblest and courageous people around. For those reasons and countless more, they deserve to be nationally recognized."
Individuals can show their support in a number of ways, including:
- Change your profile picture on social media to support law enforcement.
- See a police officer? Thank a police officer.
- Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
- Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
- Share a positive story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
- Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
- Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers.
- Share the video below on your social media account.