Family Farm Days at Oregon Dairy
On June 13, 14 and 15, 2017, Oregon Dairy is once again celebrating Family Farm Days – an educational, firsthand experience at a working farm. There will be lots of FREE family fun, FREE food samples and some other inexpensive things to do, too! This is a weekday event (Tuesday thru Thursday from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm each day) which is great for children of all ages.
Sponsored by the Lancaster County Agriculture Council, Oregon Dairy, Fulton Bank, Kunzler, New Holland Agriculture, Mid-Atlantic Farm Credit, American Dairy Association North East, John Sauder Auto Group, PA Dairymen’s Association, Renewal by Andersen, Martin Water Conditioning and many more…Family Farm Days has been in operation for over 30 years.
• FREE Tractor and Wagon Rides from the store to the farm.
• FREE Tour of the Barn and Milking Facility.
• FREE Samples of Oregon Dairy’s Famous Chocolate Milk and White Milk.
• FREE Samples of Oregon Dairy’s Chocolate or Vanilla Ice Cream.
• Explore the Ag Technology Exhibits.
• See “A Day in the Life of a Cow”
• Come see the Chick Hatching Display and many NEW exhibits!
• Lots of farm equipment will be on display as well as exhibits from all over Lancaster County!
• Kunzler’s will be selling hot dogs and drinks at the farm.
• Kids can explore the straw tunnels and go on a scavenger hunt, sponsored by Lancaster County 4-H Club. A random winner will be picked daily to win a prize!
• Stream Study at 12noon and 2pm each day, sponsored by Lancaster Conservation District. Participants will get their feet wet!
• Miniature Pony Rides - by donation – from 10am – 2pm
• Come see The Lancaster Barnstormer’s Mascot Cylo from 12noon – 1pm each day
• Barnyard Theatre Presentations scheduled every half hour throughout the day.
• FREE Oregon Dairy Organics Compost Facility Tours.
Other activities and items to be purchased include…
• Garden Tractor Barrel Rides, $2.00/ride, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm each day.
• Pedal Tractor Rides, $2.00/ride, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm each day.
• Chicken Barbeque Dinner, $6.00, served on our deck, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm.
Dinner includes a whole BBQ Chicken Leg, Bag of Chips, Applesauce, Roll and Butter and your choice of Iced Tea, Green Tea, Lemonade or Water. (Take-Outs Available.)
For more information, go to www.OregonDairy.com